Wednesday 6 April 2011

Playing Catch Up

Well.... It's been a busy weekish since I last posted. After my haphazard fail from the migraine that turned into a great day with Vanessa, I headed back to the boat with Richard. The next day I headed to Tamworth to visit Cozzy and Aroven for a day or so. Ended up coming back early because we thought Karen's flight was due to arrive on Sunday, however mixed email messages and whatnot led us to believe she was in fact, arriving on Saturday. Poor thing. I'm destroying his sex life...albeit not intentionally. That being said, her flight left LATER than anticipated...so basically I spent way more time at Heathrow than any normal person would want to! After FINALLY picking her up, we headed to the hotel at Kings Cross. It wasn't bad and it was nice for the both of us to get acclimated before we began our whirlwind traveling. 

Caught the train into Glasgow, which was pretty uneventful, aside from the two of us giggling over moving Karen's luggage! Mr. Floppy enjoyed the scenery as we passed through the lush green hills. I keep imagining what my Laurel would be saying as we speed by the various herds of sheep and ponies grazing the countryside. I can hear her baaa-ing or neigh-ing in my head. MUST bring her here, is all I can think. We manage to get a little shuteye and arrive at our destination, bright eyed and ready to go. Check in is relatively uneventful, the guy at front desk always greets me with a "Heya" or "Hey oh" which Karen and I both think is giggleworthy. Our room is what I imagine a dorm is like, 2 twin beds, a bathroom and a computer desk. Overall it's fine... although there are only 2 outlets in the whole room?! We drop off our stuff and head into town.



There's just something about the TMOBILE Reps here in the UK, they've got sooo much charm lol! In Guildford, we somehow or another got into a conversation about fishnet stockings... and in this one here in Glasgow, I find that one was part of the Disney CP and worked where Mom works... what what! And Karen finds herself talking to a rep who went to UC Davis. What a small world. 


"Understanding their accents is a bit difficult... but we're getting well pro at this if we watch their lips when they talk hahah!"


We meander our way through some light shopping and find ourselves at Sloan's (Glasgow's Oldest Bar and Restaurant). Dinner is quite good, and I find a beer, John Smith's, that is actually dark enough and tastes great... kind of a mix between Amber Bock and a Newcastle imo. There are like 6 H&M stores in a 1 mile radius I might add. This, for some reason is just way too entertaining. I'm going to stop here, despite the fact that a day has already passed and we've had quite the adventure. We're headed to Loch Lomond, Loch Ness and Glencoe for the day, so I'm looking forward to taking a crap ton more pictures and including my visits from the day before.(Yay, I met another pirate - and I told him he'd get his own blog entry, lol!) Til then...

No comments:

Post a Comment